I must admit, I’m a little OCD in the way that I do things. Once I start doing something and get into the habit then I have to do it everyday. One of the things that I can’t start the morning without is two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar & freshly squeezed lemon juice in warm water.
I boil hot water and then pour into a mug to cool until its warm to drink but not scolding hot. I leave the water to cool so that the heat doesn’t kill the good stuff in the ACV.
There are benefits to both lemons & ACV. I find the lemon helps minimise the strong taste of the ACV too.
Lemon water …
1. … aids in digestion and detoxification. The atomic structure of lemon juice is very similar to the digestive juices in our tummies; so it tricks the liver into producing bile which keeps food moving along the digestive tract.
2. … is alkalising. Lemon juice is alkaline when inside the body. The more alkaline the environment within the body the better cells are able to function.
3. … is full of Vitamin C! Lemons are full of Vitamin C which helps to keep your immune system strong and healthy.
4. … is helpful for losing weight. Lemons contain pectin, a type of fibre, commonly found in fruits. Pectin can help you feel fuller for longer.
Apple cider vinegar …
1. … is good to balance your inner body by helping to maintain a healthy alkaline pH level.If your body is more acidic it is likely that you’ll feel tired and lack energy. Sipping on ACV diluted with water during the day can help maintain good energy levels too!
2. … helps to break up the mucus in your body and cleanse the lymph nodes – its great if you suffer from sinus infections.
3. … lowers cholesterol as it increases bile production. Bile is needed to break down bad cholesterol.
4. … helps to speed up metabolism and aid in weight loss. ACV contains an organic acid, acetic acid, which is formed when apple juice is converted to ACV. It has been shown to improve metabolism which has a positive effect on weight loss.
5. … has an alkaline effect on the body. In relation to point 4 above – when acetic acid enters the body it turns alkaline. This can help reach a more alkaline pH level internally.
It’s not the best tasting drink but I really recommend it. Since I’ve been religiously drinking this tonic every morning I’ve also seen a positive reduction in the eczema under my eyes too!